Last week for my brother-in-law’s birthday, he requested a Snickers Ice Cream Cake. My mother-in-law set right to making one, and it turned out great! So yummy, in fact, that I thought I’d share her creation with you here.
Snickers Ice Cream Cake
Round cake pan
1 Snickers bar
1. Line your cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix enough peanuts and caramel together to coat the edges of the pan. Fill the middle with ice cream, stopping halfway through to add more caramel or to add some fudge sauce before adding more ice cream, if desired.
3. Top final layer of ice cream with more caramel and peanut mixture; freeze the cake overnight.
4. Remove the cake from the freezer, carefully remove parchment paper from the edges of the cake, and cut a snickers bar into thin slices to decorate the top of the cake.
5. Cut out a piece of the cake, add a dollop of fudge sauce, and enjoy!
*Note: I didn’t put any exact measurements in the recipe because it really depends on your preferences and the size of the pan you decide to use. Also, my mother-in-law had a fudge sauce recipe, but you could also experiment with store-bought fudge or even Nutella or the hard-coat ice cream fudge. You could also probably swap nuts & candy for other popular candy bars. Have fun trying out different combinations!
I loved this ice cream cake, but on my birthday I usually choose chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. What’s your favorite birthday cake?