Even though it is technically still Autumn, in Michigan we’ve already gotten quite a bit of snow to remind us winter is on its way! I thought I’d give a recap of what I’ve been able to scratch off my Autumn Bucket List so far this year so I can get started on creating one for the winter ahead. As with my Summer 2014 Bucket List Recap, many of the links will take you to posts about the topic so you can remember along with me 🙂
Autumn Bucket List 2014
1. Go apple picking √
2. Make monte cristos √ (This year I made this yummy recipe with my Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, and last year I made this one!)
3. Go to Crane’s in the City for lunch √
4. Make amazing apple pie √ (More details to come!)
Make apple rose tartlets
6. Make sweet potato bread √
This sweet potato bread recipe was so, so good!
7. Make apple butter √ (recipe here!)
8. Make an apple roll cake √
9. Make acorn crafts √
I tried making these…. (Source)
…and these! I was inspired to make the little gnomes above by this etsy shop.
11. Have a ramen party √
Have a wine & cheese night (Though we did join a Raclette party which I hope to blog about soon!)
Have a chocolate tasting party (No party, but I did try plenty, and even reviewed this one)
14. Eat caramel apples √
Make homemade ice cream (I swear I’ll get to this one of these days!)
16. Have an Oktoberfest party √
17. Go to the Detroit Beer Festival √
More pictures can be found on my instagram
18. Go to Traverse City & Sleeping Bear Dunes √
19. Make name silhouette art √
I got this idea from a painting my mom had with her name in this style, and I can’t wait to experiment more with name silhouettes in the future!
20. Thirty Days of Zentangle √
21. Writing challenges 1/week (I only did two, one of which can be found here…)
22. Restart book club √ (In October we read Your Face in Mine, and this month we’re reading the latest Haruki Murakami novel)
23. Try Ethiopian food √
Catch up on art journaling (But I’ve been starting to gather pictures and other memorabilia!)
25. Get officially certified as a coffee master √
Make Jack-O-Lantern tartlets
27. Hobo Stew Party √
28. Dandelion blowing √
Make a fairy garden (But I did start collecting supplies!)
Go mushroom hunting (The weather got too cold, too fast!)
I definitely was a busy girl over the fall months, and I think with our move to Tokyo ahead, I will likely stay that way! What kinds of fun have you been up to this Autumn?
P.S. Don’t forget that tomorrow is the end of the second Little Snail Thrift Store Challenge! I am looking forward to seeing your projects, and will be posting the next challenge soon!!