Now that we’re several days into fall I think it’s time for an update/recap on my Summer Bucket List for this year!
- Read at least three books [√] — Check out this Bookspiration post to learn more!
- Do yoga at least 4 times a week [X] — I thought I was going to be one of those glowing, energetic pregnant women–HA! But I have been walking every day, and I try and squeeze in yoga and other exercise when I’m not dead from work.
- Celebrate our 7th anniversary [√] — We went to Hakone and really enjoyed the Open Air Museum (read more here).
- Try paper quilling [√] — I made a pretty sunflower card and really enjoyed the craft (see my card here)!
- Eat s’mores [X] — You know, I didn’t get around to s’mores this summer. I did, however, enjoy a lot of early-released fall treats, so I think I made up for it!
Left: sweet potato Kit Kats and chestnut flavored taiyaki; Right: chestnut flavored soft oreos, pumpkin flavored Kit Kats, and sweet potato chips. You can heat up both the types of kit kats. I didn’t try them warm, but they were yummy as is!
- Go swimming [√] — I was lucky to go swimming in a hotel pool during our Thailand trip, and then again at Shirahama Beach with Chad and his brother Quint.
Chad and Quint running into the gorgeous water.
Baby bump at 22 weeks (about two weeks ago, and already looking small to me!)
- Make a hot air balloon craft [X] — I had all the best intentions, really. But I’ll be working on an easy one this week.
- Try kirigami [X] — Once again, good intentions on this one. It’s been moved to my Fall Bucket List, though!
- Go to Studio Ghibli [X] — Oh my goodness you guys. It is impossible to get tickets on weekends or on any other days we have off. I will keep trying again and again until we leave Tokyo!
- Enjoy kakigori (Japanese shaved ice) [√] — I had some lovely strawberry milk kakigori after visiting Sandanbeki Caves with Chad and Quint.
Above: One view from the caves.
The “milk” was actually sweetened condensed milk. Mmmmmmm….!
I also tried a totally different version of shaved ice in Thailand called “Ruam-mit.” My Thai friend says that means “mixing everything together.” Below you can see the stand with choices you can make for your own bowl, and then the four different bowls we sampled with our friends. We liked the ones with coconut milk the best!
- Go on a picnic [√] — we went on several 🙂
- Have a fancy night dressed up around town [√] — Um, do you remember when we went to Chez Olivier? We actually went back again when Quint was here, too. Still drooling at the thought of both visits….
- Do at least 3 Writing Prompts [X] — I did one writing prompt, and really didn’t like it. Time got in the way of trying for another two.
- See fireworks [√/X] — So I didn’t actually see live fireworks, but I did do a really cool craft with my students. Here’s the link on pinterest!
- Do pirikura [√] — As you know from my last post, I totally got down with this one and used it as a baby announcement!
All in all I’d say I gave this year’s bucket list a pretty good go, especially considering I was primarily in my first trimester for a good chunk of it! My fall bucket list is ready now, too, so I’ll be sharing that soon!
What are some fun things you did this summer?
2 thoughts on “Summer Bucket List recap”
Well done!! I had a pretty short bucket list this summer but number 1 was starting a blog and that I have done!! Hope you follow me back – katykeck.com/blog – tales from behind the scenes, exclusive recipes and things you had no idea you need to know.
Of course! I “liked” your blog on Facebook, but I’ll check it out again online.